Super Size...more like Salad Size


Eating healthy can be very expensive sometimes, trust me I know. Especially being in LA there are so many healthy options but the more greens you eat the more green you spend. Healthy eating can also be hard because of those junk food cravings we often experience. You want to eat the potato chips, and not the veggie straws. Honestly, sometimes we just don't have the dedication because it's a lot of work to think about what you put in your mouth all day long. Regardless of why its hard to start or continue eating healthy, hopefully this post will motivate and inspire you embark on this journey to a healthier lifestyle.


Everyone knows its better to eat a carrot stick instead of a snickers bar, but why do we need to choose the healthier option? Well foods that have so much sugar or carbs are fine to eat but within reason. To much of anything can be unhealthy for your body, even water. Just try to remember to do things in moderation. The healthier option is always my go to because I am a stickler for health and having a healthy body. My body was given to me by my creator. I want to fill my body with things I can use as fuel to help me throughout my everyday life. I know sometimes you think you can just eat unhealthy and then work out and everything will be fine, but that's pointless because working out is only 25% of having a healthy weight loss and lifestyle. The other 75% is what you eat. So if you are trying to get that summer bod remember, you are what you eat.


What helps me personally to get through the struggle is creating a habit of eating healthy and working out. Once I see the progress it makes me want to continue eating right. I am not saying I never eat junk food or things that are unhealthy but I try to limit myself as often as I can so I don't feel too guilty indulging on those special occasions. Meal planning is also something that helps me stay on track. I also like to count my calories on My Fitness Pal and also log my water and exercise so I can know what my body is being put through. I highly recommend next time you go to a restaurant or grocery shopping to look at the nutritional value facts located on the back of the package. Below you can find a week of my every day meals, a list of my favorite healthy snacks that aren't hella expensive, and my special Panera hack that I'm 99.9% sure works.



Monday

Breakfast: 2 Egg Whites, 1 Piece of Turkey Bacon, Half of piece of toast

Lunch: 1 can of Tuna with 5 Lettuce Wraps, Fruit or veggie

Dinner: Chicken Breast, Green Beans, Quinoa


Tuesday

Breakfast: Original Oatmeal, Tbsp Honey, 1/2 mixed berries, and 1/4 cup of granola

Lunch: Quinoa Tabbouleh

Dinner: Salmon, 1/2 cup or rice, Mixed Veggies


Wednesday

Breakfast: Banana Pancake (2 eggs, 1 banana), 1/2 Mixed Berries

Lunch: Salad w/ Protein (No creamy dressings)

Dinner: Tilapia, Half Naked Baked Potato, Asparagus


Thursday

Breakfast: 2 Egg whites, 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese, and mixed veggies

Lunch: Kale, Egg, and Garbanzo Bean Salad (No creamy dressings)

Dinner: Zoodles, Low Calorie Mariana sauce


Friday

Breakfast: Avocado Toast

Lunch: Turkey Burger, Lettuce Buns

Dinner: Eat Out (try to stay healthy)


Notes:

Remember if you are working out a little carb in the morning is good

Try to stay away from things with high sodium

Cut any other beverage from your diet thats not water

If you can take a shot of Apple Cider Vinegar every morning

Vitamins are also helpful to take!

Also if you really want something sweet have a bite of Halo Top Ice Cream or 10 Calorie Jell-O

Follow @100caloriequest to find serving sizes of 100 calories for your fave snacks and foods


Interested in Personal Training?🥕🥒🍉

Check out IronMindWellness.com

P: (313)-433-7277

E: IronMindWellness@gmail.com

IG: IronMindWellness

📍Jacksonville, FL


⭐️= Favorites

Cheap Healthy Snacks:

Dried Seaweed⭐️

Imitation Crab Sticks

Skinny Pop

Carrot Sticks w/ Hummus⭐️

Watermelon Cubes

Think Thin Protein Bars

Whole Almonds

Boiled Eggs⭐️

Bell Peppers

Calbee Snapea Crisps Harvest Snaps⭐️

Freeze Dried Fruit⭐️


Panera Hack 🤣🥗

So the last time I was at Panera I ordered a small salad but when I went to customize my salad I added Kale and Romain Lettuce on top of the spring mix that already came in the salad. So when they brought my salad out to me they brought me a large! I am almost positive if you guys do that they will give you a bigger salad because all the extra lettuce you got wouldn't fit in your bowl! Try it and see... it might not work everywhere. Comment below if you are going to try it or what your results were when you did try it!

CHECK OUT THIS COOL VIDEO!


0 views
  • Facebook Classic
  • YouTube App Icon
  • Instagram App Icon
  • Twitter App Icon